Rock Climbing 401 – Multi-pitch Lead Climbing
Date: May 20 - May 21, 2017
Course Category: Rock Climbing 401-Multi-Pitcn Lead Climbing
Location: North Carolina
Instructor: Karsten DelapBook now
The two-day Multi-pitch Lead Climbing Course is aimed at any climber who is currently climbing multi-pitch and wants to refine their skills or a climber leading single pitch climbs who wants to step into the world of multi-pitch climbing. The course looks at the skills taught to guides and covers a myriad of techniques aimed at making you a more efficient and more competent multi-pitch climber. The course will also get some great climbs in too!
- The key skill: TRANSITIONS, moving from leader to belaying the second and back to leader (or swapping leads) quickly
- Guide book/topo interpretation and route finding skills
- Anchor considerations in multi-pitch terrain
- Belay station management, considerations and tricks to speed things up
- Belaying options: plates, locking devices and hitches. Redirects, direct and indirect belays
- Rope management and working with the single rope
- Dealing with terrain problems such as traverses, roofs, arêtes, climbing and protecting these features for the leader and second
- Climbing equipment selection: the climbing rack and extra equipment that should be carried on a multi-pitch climb
- Multi-pitch rappelling considerations
For additional details and pricing see full course listing here.